Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dreamscapes XI

9/7/07
I was at my cabin on the dock watching a guy on a raft fitted with an engine of some type with a glider overhead trying to start up his vehicle. He was planning on getting a plane to land on the lake. The reason for this was, he would latch his vessel onto the plane via a long towing cable to get free rides to where ever the plane was going, because he could only fly short distances with his craft. I got on his vehicle and we would fly up only a couple hundred feet before gliding back down to the lake. It was exhilarating! This dream was a sort of deja vu dream, borrowing from an older Jamaica-themed dream that I forgot to write down.

The older Jamaica-themed dream was actually two different dreams below (dates unknown) and the one from above came from this first one.

It began as my family, including my uncle, aunt and one of their daughters, my parents, CAS and I on a more commercialized version of the raft from the above dream. The raft was latched onto the plane via that long towing cable, perfectly balanced and we were flying at whatever altitude, with no cabin or realistic equalized pressure, our luggage strapped to the back. The extreme wind you would expect from traveling at the velocity we were was instead a strong one, and no one had to hold tightly to remain on the craft. I remember looking over the side of the craft and seeing the islands floating on the sparkling blue ocean, the sun casting shimmers into the deep. When our plane had reached our drop off point (there were other rafts latched on as well), the "pilot", who was just a guy riding with us on the raft of whatever airline we were on, instructed us to just hang on. He explained that he was just going to release the raft and we would fall safely and arrive in Jamaica shortly, and there was no need for a parachute. He somehow remained with the plane. I remember the first part of the fall was just like a steep drop on a roller coaster, but after a few seconds, the "scene" of the fall was cut to us pulling the raft onto the shore. When we arrived, we stayed in a two story house with no walls right (sort of like a doll house) next to the ocean. We began eating, drinking, partying, and having an all around great time. After sleeping off the previous night's events (the dream cut from the beginning of the partying right into the next day), I spent the next day mushroom hunting. As I was looking around, I noticed roughly 2x2 cut wood protruding from the ground in places. There were many children in the area and my family was trying to keep them away to get them not to mess around with our things, after all, our place had no walls. I remember picking up broken glass serological pipette tubes along the shore, but I think they were supposed to be twigs. One of the children asked me to help him find his boar or a boar. After searching one big area in high detail and almost giving up, I noticed the boar sleeping under a wooden plank and some fallen trees in a brush filled area I had walked by many times before.

In the other Jamaica-themed dream, a man named Mitch (his name was very difficult to remember) flew us over to Jamaica in a small, 10 person jet. He joked about taking off and crashing the plane buy pulling up into the air, then diving back down to the ground explaining that, "...this is what happens when you..." (forgotten). My mom or dad had flown with Mitch years ago and they remembered him suddenly, talking to him like an old friend they always visited. This dream is a little spotty here. In the next part I can remember, we had arrived in Jamaica, and a man called me over to him and told me he wanted me to come to his house because he liked me and could tell I was a good person by just looking at me. He somehow knew I was a biology major as well and needed my help. When I went to his place, he told me that his dog had mice living in its ear and it suddenly became clear why he had mentioned the fact he knew I was a biology major. I realized my lack of veterinary skills, and had to call the local vet to get the cure for this ailment, which was lime juice, baking soda, snake oil, and one other ingredient (it took me a long time to remember what the specific ingredients were).

9/3/07
311 was playing a gig in my parent's basement. D.S. (from high school) got in a pic taken with them as Nick and SA were in the middle of this huge circle of people. The basement was clear of all the crap that's usually down there. 311 took a break from their set and my drum set magically appeared and I started playing "I Am One" by the Smashing Pumpkins. We then wondered if the band was going to play the rest of the set here or somewhere else. I remember thinking that I should get my camera to take some pics while they were still there.

I faintly remember a dream of downtown Charleston, S.C. mixed with aspects of the U of M campus. I had an apartment there and after leaving the area for some time, I returned, but my room number had disappeared. After searching up and down the hallway of the complex, I opened one of the unlabeled doors to find that the landlords had attempted to keep me out and steal my things (I can't embellish more on this dream, because I can't even see it in my mind anymore).

8/31/07
I saw Incubus perform on a shore somewhere. Girlfriend and I were on two mounds near the stage but the whole venue was on some type of hill. The venue was inside, though, so the set up must have been encased after its setup. Bizzle was there and he was sitting up closer to the stage. The audience was very quiet for a band like Incubus. I got a phone call, which interrupted the entire concert, the band stopped playing, and I took control of the Mac they were using for their concert for a project I was in the middle of for school or work that was very important. Girlfriend and I left the venue for a moment so I could take the rest of the call, but we came back to find that everyone had left, audience, band and all. My interruption caused the band to stop playing for the rest of the show. They said that they would return the next night and give everyone another show, someone told me. Everyone was really pissed at me because I caused the show to end and I felt terrible.

8/19/07 2 Dreams
I was with two other cohorts, both of which I can't put a name/face to and we were at my uncle's house who is a Northwest pilot in real life. His house was huge, and it had to be because he happened to have a plane actually attached to the house! The plane was hidden to the eye from the outside, but when you went into the basement, which also acted as a garage, you could see the tail of the plane buttoned to a wall by a stretched out piece of material. I can't explain it, but the plane was actually bigger than the house, so the wings and tail would have stuck out of the walls, however, it all worked out in the dream. We were given a tour of the house by my family. Many of the rooms were boxy and rather large, but there were tons of rooms, too many for the four people that resided there. My uncle, aunt and cousins had left for the day and they asked my friends and I to look after the house. After a few hours of house watching, some people akin to Deatheaters approached the house to capture us. We split up, running different ways around the many roomed house attempting to escape the Deatheaters for some time. When we met up again, we debated whether we should release the plane and ride it or use it as a distraction and flee. We chose to release it and then run, which proved to be risky, but our planning paid off. I remember running to the basement, narrowly avoiding getting noticed, struggling to unbutton the plane. Once it was unbuttoned, it started automatically and we opened the garage doors to let it roll out into the yard. We managed to make it to the neighbors' house and hide in the long grass and lawn decorations in one small section of their back yard behind the house. Unfortunately, the hide out was still visible from my uncle's house, but we were grateful it existed, nonetheless. Eventually, the Deatheater-type people drove away after briefly searching the area for us. They were rolling a 90s era, well kept black Buick. When our safety was assured, we bounded for the neighbor's house, knowing that it was too dangerous to return to my uncle and aunt's for the time being. I wish I remembered this next part more clearly because it actually involved magic. We were in a room of the neighbor's house with purple iridescent glowing walls and floors. As we sat around playing with magic, the closet door burst open and out came Gilderoy Lockheart. He immediately began casting magic to imprison us, but we outwitted him. After tying him with magical bounds we pondered our next move.

I was at an aquarium some place far off, probably another galaxy. There were fantastic underwater creatures in what appeared to be a large river shaped tank, swimming under the bridge I was rooted upon. The way I saw it, a building was built around this river, but tall glass walls were inserted on the banks of the river, so people could view what was in the water below the bridge. I saw a white snake which resembled the dragon dog from the Never Ending Story, black sting rays with red embellishments on their fins the size of deflated basketballs, along with a myriad of other strange beasts. After marveling at them for some time, the beasts became hostile and started to jump from the water and attack me. The small stingrays were the first to leap from the water and gnash their teeth at me. I had to hover in the air and kick at them to deter their advances. After a few more leaped at me, I started to ask myself if anyone was bringing help; I could see no one nearby on the bridge. The huge river snake-dragon saw my moment of broken concentration and broke free from the water and lunged at me with a malicious look on its face. I had to flee to the other side of the bridge as most of the water creatures rose from the water and began flying. There was a walled off escape nearby the sides of the bridge where I escaped to wait and see what would happen next...

8/14/07
I was hanging out in my parents' back yard with some friends. One friend (presumably MDT) shrunk down to about 2-3 inches tall and we saw him combating three small women in the grass, all with culturally identifying features. One was a stereotypical dutch woman with blond hair. From what I can remember one of the others was Native American. Our small friend was asking us for help in subduing his enemies. It was CAS and I who were normal size, and we were skimming through some book that was a compendium of sorts for mythical creatures looking for a solution (D&D anyone?). Suddenly, we remembered a picture on a neighbor's garage that resembled the Dutch woman perfectly. She was riding a broom and the date of her life span was branded across the top, meaning she was dead. You could see the picture from the yard, but when we went over to get a closer inspection, the picture was no where to be found.

8/10/07
I dreamed I was in a Slavic country walking along what appeared as frozen rain water. My classification was very specific in the dream. The substance was somewhere between snow and ice, but I couldn't identify it. I went to a shop called ____ with a girl from college. We entered and perused the store a while. CAS entered next with someone else who was made up in my mind as a good friend. All four of us explored the shop's goods. It was a shoddy trinket shop but it had various necklaces with emblems bearing eyes (not real eyes) [This mimics in real life a necklace I had with an eye inside of a triangle, the trinacria, or all-seeing eye. The thing gave me extremely bad luck whenever I wore it, so I ended up giving it to CAS, who mysteriously was blessed with good luck when he wore it]. We were discussing something about the wares, when I wandered to the back of the store. The clerk beckoned me over to a door to show me some more stuff he had stored away in the back of the building. I followed him and I became aware that I wasn't wearing shoes. As I entered the room, and right away I noticed that there were large chambers within sections of what seemed to be a multi room freezer. The first couple of rooms were bare and warm, the floor was covered with a soft plushy material that felt good against my feet. As we advanced onward, I began to feel uncomfortable. I was in a third world country and it became suddenly obvious that the locals recognized me as a foreigner. When we finally reached a room that was cold, my uneasiness hit a peak. I had to escape because this guy was about to do something bad to me, I just knew it. I explained that I had to leave, in no more words than that, and high-tailed it out of the freezer, then out of the store. CAS and the other friend were waiting in the car outside for me (there were only three of us now). As I jumped in the car, I told them to make a quick exit. Suddenly the clerk was standing outside of the window with a piece of wood the size of a large tree stump. He had a mischievous smile on his face as he told us he was going to scratch the car with the stump. At this point I thought that I was glad we were in his car (old) and not mine (new). As CAS pulled away, the guy tapped the car lightly with his large piece of wood. I don't really remember what happened next. I think we got out and beat up the clerk, but then we all, including the clerk, trotted off for a nip at the bar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home