Friday, May 09, 2014

Sensibility In the Time of the Internet

What is real and what is worth it in this age of the internet? Most articles I see (and admittedly, I don't always go far out of my range to read good articles) are so completely polarized or garner such polarizing viewpoints, it's a waste of time and breath to grace them with opinion. Worse, is that many people actually waste their time spouting uninformed garbage in the comments just to rile each other up.

As we move forward in this age, I'm becoming more withdrawn of my opinion; holding my cards close. Why should I even put my thoughts out there when someone is most likely going to attack me? How many of these conversations are repeated in different areas only to find the same types of people talking about it? How does one do anything about this? I'd like to think people put their opinions out there to be heard, however none of them seem to take any action on the matter and just opinionate. The hard truth is that there's probably sensibility in the middle. Both sides of the argument must be examined and the best parts must be ferreted out. At any rate, any change seen to a particular area will most likely result from collaboration or ceding lines from both sides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home