Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Gift of Music

Hey! This grand idea is now one year and one day old! Crazy! Okay, so in addition to the long dry entry to follow, I'm happy to announce that I've recorded even more music on this beast (meaning my computer), and my partner in crime is formulating some meaningfull words, e.g. lyrics, for the masses' to consume. There should be a way to put it on here for free...but HOW? On another note, I'm wearing my "I'm a Pepper" a.k.a. I'm a corporate shoe shirt today!

This post goes back the to the Monday after J and A's Wedding. It was a trip that began here, in Mpls., early on Monday morning and ended in Chicago Illinois (pronounced ill-i-noyz for those of you who don't know the RIGHT way to say it). Non-g/f and I were on our way to see Oasis. I was excited not only to drive to Chicago for my first time, but to see one of my favorite bands finally after being a fan of theirs for over 10 years. I won't waste your time by giving the sordid details of the 6+ hour drive (Yahoo!), but needless to say, we arrived in one piece. I have to say, the correct spelling of piece always looks funny to me; i before e except after c and after w in weird! Why? Because the English language if f*cked up like that! Sorry, just took my lithium. I'm ok now. There were two opening bands, the first, the Thieves, either an Aussie or British band, and Jet, an Aussie band. Both bands were awesome, but I was quite taken aback at the crowds reaction to Jet. No one in the entire crowd seemed to respond to them, not that they didn't like them, but no one moved at all! I was scared! I've never seen an entire stadium not respond to a semi-well-known band like that. Anyway, the crowd at least knew the radio hits, well, "Are You Gonna Be My Girl", anyway. I was more dissapointed by the crowd than by Jet's performance (which was great)!

The time had come for Oasis! I don't even remember what they opened with but it didn't matter because I actaully got to see them! They played a phenomenal show, so phenomenal was the sound quality, that it sounded as if I were listening to the recording on the cd! Some highlights - brilliant orange lights during "Turn Up the Sun", giving the feeling of standing watching a sun rise - "Wonderwall", "Don't Look Back in Anger" & "Champagne Supernova", including many of the Definitely Maybe songs (my fav. album of theirs). Liam kept just staring out at the crowd like a nutter! Crazy Brits! There were a few of the Noel songs as well (where Liam left the stage and Noel sang alone). I ruined the end of "Don't Look Back in Anger" for everyone around me, as non-g/f explained later, when Noel was waiting for everyone to stop singing, so he could sing the last line alone, and I sang with him. After an encore, which they played some cover song that not many people knew, including myself, they were done, and we went home.

I would put something that a member at oasisinet.com wrote, but I don't want to get hell for it, so here's a small recap - They opened with F*ckin' in the Bushes. The next four songs were from the new album Don't Believe the Truth. Then came Bring it On Down, Little by Little, Rock n' Roll Star, Morning Glory, and Champagne Supernova; they played more then I listed. The encore gave us Songbird, Wonderwall, Don't Look Back in Anger, and finally My Generation (the cover).

Piece (yes, it's intentional),

P-Wagz

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad taking a trip with your non-g/f was not highlight. And yes I realize as she is only your non-g/f that it does really matter but Hmmph, anyway. Ha ha ha ha ahahaha ahahahahaah. Just kidding! OASIS WAS AWESOME THOUGH.

P.S. You are way behind on the news. Word.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home