Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Drive

I'm not talking about the popular song from Incubus, here, although it wouldn't be uncanny if I were. I'm talking about ambition. Every where I go, I find people with drive, who are successful. I haven't acquired this...yet. I feel like I have to let everything settle in for my near future, before I'm ready to take life by the horns. This nagging in me is telling me to just quit my new job and just work on writing or music. I met with my former expository writing professor, my friend, this week. It was amazing to hear his story of how he got to where he is today. I also want to acknowledge an old friend of mine, who shall remain anonymous, who often writes poetry and posts it on his blog. I've been too paranoid in the past to post my work here, for fear of someone else stealing from it. The things I write aren't gold anyway, so I don't know what the hell I'm worried about. I've got a partial copyright on this anyways. At any rate, I feel very inspired!

With that said, here's a little hip-hop bit I wrote a while ago. It won't really sound as cool as it does because you all can't "hear how it's supposed to go", so to speak.

He likes to...take in every single word that she says
twist into a thick fat golden thread
fabricate that thread into the fleece of lies
don it when he feels his most deprived.

But you know those lies, those words she never said
he soaks them up, takes them all to the head
and even if they aren't true it's from this he contrives
'cause you know that fleece is how she's saving his life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home