Sunday, April 09, 2006

Blue Pumpkin Juice

Yesterday marked the marriage of one of my best friends and his fiance'. It took place at the James J. Hill Library in St. Paul, and was a very beautiful and cool event! I was his best man, and I was so nervous. I can't really comprehend why I was, though. The day wasn't about me at all, and being the best man, the groomsmen and I are there to support the groom on his special day. I think the responsibility of holding the rings was one of those big things that made me nervous, especially when I was asked about 15 times, "Do you still had the rings?", but I prevailed! I had been working on a speech for the last week or so to give at the reception, which was also held in the same building, so that was one other thing that made me a little nervous. But when I went up to give it though, for the first time in my life, my nerves faded, and I just went with it! I've been performing on stage my whole life, so I don't know why I was so worried about it. Usually during performances, I'd be pretty rickety standing up for solos and stuff, so it was a relief that I didn't get sick or anything embarrassing while I was up there. The speech touched Blue and his new wife, so I'm glad I could add a little something meaningful to their day. Now they are taking a day off probably to do some last minute things before they are off to the Bahamas! Congratulations, and hats off to them for making that big step in their lives! Sorry Blue for the Harry Potter reference in the title, but it was the only quirky thing that came to mind!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elycia said...

Yay for not being nervous! That's so cool that your friend got married. I actually got a fortune in my fortune cookie on saturday that said "you or a close friend will be married soon". But I'm glad you had fun :)

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home