Sunday, March 26, 2006

Intraview

I had a job interview on Wednesday of spring break. It went ok. Let's just say I'm glad that it was my first because I forgot to print out my list of references and I was saved by the paper work, in which I could write them in. I felt like such an idiot. Not that money is a big thing for me, but I'm sort of worried about having a decent salary when I graduate. I'm going to be in major debt, as most college students are, when I'm done here, and living at home, so I don't have to stress about money too much. I just feel that starting out, I'm not going to be making much, and it makes me want to go to grad school so I can have a higher salary coming out of college. I won't let it get to me though, because I'm not made for grad school. I'm just an average guy. It also isn't my calling. On a job related note, I don't think I could work in another state. I like the Minnesota way too much. I've heard of the way things are in other states and cities (especially larger cities) and it doesn't sound so appealing. I do love living near/in the city of Minneapolis, though. When I was a teen, I wanted to live at my cabin (Brainerd area) and have a job up there, but now, I don't think I could handle it. I'm too used to seeing concerts and going out to nifty restaurants on the weekends to live far away. I think this had a lot to do with the people I knew at that time, and how I felt like I belonged with those people more. Ranting to ensue...

What is the deal with people's obsession with celebrities? Yes, most of them are hot, and yes they are in movies and everyone sees them, but why are they idolized? If you moved to CA, you would probably see them everyday and they would loose their appeal, but what do I know, maybe not. They are just humans like us, so what is it about them that everyone, except for me, seems to find irresistible? I supposed paparazzi mags put a high price on Jessica Alba's sock that's been shat on by a goose and that leaves something to the minds of people who want an easy dollar, but seriously, people have major stalker psychological issues if they want that sock, I'll tell you!

When you get a haircut and if no one says anything, does that mean they don't like your haircut, or is it just that they didn't notice it? My hair is very much shorter than before, but not too many people mention it to me. It's not that big of a deal, I'm not attention starved or anything, but it's just something I was thinking of.

I've been wondering if I have some sort of neuroses. Things like checking my email way too often, or the way I'm anally retentive about cleaning and organizing make me think I'm OCD or something. I will even do these things (yes, even cleaning!) over doing homework sometimes. I'm just not that interested in learning this crap (biology) anymore. Perhaps a change in studies will be good. I've been thinking about returning to the U for a music or language major after I'm done with Biology. It sort of depends on if I can use some of my course work for this major (e.g. sociology and humanities courses that are standard education for any degree) for the other ones. Going back to what I said earlier, I think living in a society where everything comes instantly and life is made easier by technology is consequentially a huge part of how I'm feeling right now. It makes sense that I don't want to do what's important and learn biological processes, etcetera, because it doesn't apply anywhere but my scholarly education. Seriously, if there were people I could talk to about biochemistry or chemistry, or genetics, or cell biology, I would probably like it more! Maybe I should have searched out some study buddies to get more into what I'm studying. Then again, I never have time, because I'm always working, or doing something else. For the first time in very long time, last Thursday, I had some solitude away from everyone. It felt wonderful! I've spent every minute of my recent life doing some activity, that I forgot the wonders of solitude. Anyway, I shouldn't complain about "doing stuff that I want to do" because most of my hours at work are spent on this stupid computer in addition to the 2 fun classes I'm taking that I really didn't have to take. I don't think I can yak anymore than I have. I should really get some stuff done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home