Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Fear, Thine Meaning is Nigh

I have no idea if the title actually makes sense, but after looking at it for a while, could find no reason to change it. I have a job interview that I'm preparing for tomorrow. It involves reading one of THE driest texts ever written, "Fundamental Laboratroy Approaches for Biochemistry and Biotechnology". Even the title makes me want to scream. Lo, to all that want to discover the ways of affinity chromatography and ligand binding, purchase this text and be enlightened!

It dawned on me the other day that we all are, in some aspect, conservative. Actually it probably dawned around the time of Sediments, as I bitched about pop culture. Really, it's just me getting too damn old and not understanding the ways of girly 16 year-olds and trendy young boys. I'm set in my ways already, and things will keep changing to the point where I'll be telling stories about how the times were harder back then, etc.; we've all heard this regurgitated in some way before by someone else. Now I'm going to change the meaning of conservative to be that of political definition. I'm not quite sure that I'm liberal all the way. When it comes to crime and punishment, I'm all about the hangins'! Eye for an eye, is what I say. I know if it were this way everywhere in the US, some innocent people would die, but I think that it would effect the populous enough to lower the murder rate. That is, if it were widespread. It's effects aren't as meaningful when one can cross the border with their victim and do him/her in (I know this isn't the way it works). I'm going to stop here because I'm incompetent this morn and I feel that if I say anymore, it would be a loss for us all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elycia said...

I totally want to buy that book now! No, j/k. But I hope your job interview goes well. I wish you lots of luck.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ice is the coconut of the north....remember that. Also what happened to the Camel Humps follow up, aren't you proud of your lyrics? Jay-Z luvs ya.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home