Tuesday, October 03, 2006

UToolized by Harvey Danger

I just saw Tool for the first time in my life. I can't explain in words that experience! I was not, by any means, a huge fan of the band, but now, I'd have to say that I am. My visual pleasure matched that of the auditory pleasure. I must be getting older as I thought they played a touch on the fortissimo side. However, the band was almost seducing in the way they formed their musical protest. I still can't relate to you what happened that night. For the first time in my life, I attended a concert of a band that I didn't know all the lyrics to, and I still got the chills from their music alone. It was an electrifying performance! Kudos, guys! This is a milestone for any band in my book. This was also the weekend that I attended my first football game. The Gophers beat the Owls something like 62-0. It was a crazy game! The family was there and I enjoyed a few brews with my cousins and elders.

This post is now a few weeks old. In the time since, I had the pleasure of meeting another one of my favorite bands - Harvey Danger! They played the 400 Bar on the West Bank of the U of M. It was a tiny venue and a tiny crowd, but it was fantastic! There were two opening bands, one a local guy, who was really good, his other band mates absent, playing a surprisingly delicious solo set. The band on after the soloist was called So Many Dynamos, a group who caught my ears like a fly fisherman after breakfast. I was intrigued by the band's resemblance to Hoobastank, yet not even coming close in similarity. Many things that remind me of other things often have no resemblance other than what resides in my twisted constitutions.

3 cheers for music!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home