Thursday, February 24, 2005

Segmented 5ths

As you all may have noticed, my titles usually have nothing to do with my posts. This is just a unique characteristic of a man living in a fantasy world. I have come to realize that I have too many ideas to post and that eventually my drafts (not shown on my blog) will outnumber my posts. Onto the fun!

I wanted to comment on some things that happened a couple of weeks ago. First it was my non-gf's birthday back in January. That brings up another interesting point. I seem to continue to introduce her as my girlfriend, when she is, in fact, not. We do hang out as much as we used to so I have a hard time distinguishing between her being girlfriend and non-girlfriend. Anyway, it was a fun filled night of sushi. You know what, I have already talked about this....and now that I've gone back in read it, I found a funny error. I said it marked my girl's 22nd birthday as well as my mom's. I have to clear that up. No, my mother isn't 22, she's 53. Well, that takes care of that part of the post. We move on to my roommate, Bizzle's, birthday. I don't even remember what I was gonna say about that. We went to Applebee's on campus (we being a group of friends from h.s., our other roommates, his gf, my non-gf, and myself. When the emloyee's started singing the birthday song, it got better. It went something like this: I don't know what I've been told, but someone's gettin' pretty old. I don't know what's been said, but their face is turnin' red. I realize it's not very original since it's borrowing from the classic army call-outs during a march, but it got the job done. If anyone who was there reads this, they can add a comment or two. We were sharing some pretty crazy stories, most of them involving animals, such as emus, ducks, and geese. I'll elaborate if I get requests for such, otherwise, I'm moving on. The last thing I wanted to say dealt with a an annual TGI Friday's get-together that a friend from h.s. and I plan. It was our 2nd most successful year in the four years we have done it. The first year was the best, with like 15-20 people. The second year we had less than 10, and last year we didn't do one. It was good seeing some people who attended it though, some of which I hadn't seen since they graduated. It was great to know they were still around and alive. Next time we are planning something to do afterward so everyone gets a chance to talk to everyone. It was hard to talk to each individual person there, since we had 12 people and sat at at a rectangular table. Now that I mention it, I think I've mentioned this event before too, but not in as much detail. This was the night before my Russian Orthodox Church experience. I have more to write, but I'll save it as another post and post it mid-week so you all have something new to read, and I know there are thousands of people with nothing to do but read about me and eagerly await my next post....

Have a Great Weekend, y'all!

P-Wagz

I've been listening to Jay-Z Vol. 3...The Life and Times of S. Carter (phenomenal) I have to say, Jay-Z f*cking rocks! Oasis Definately Maybe, My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, 30 Seconds to Mars, 311 - Soundsystem, Kill Hannah - For Never and Ever, Nickelback - Silver Side Up (for those of you who know my musical tastes, I hated Nickelback for a long time because the lead singer always talked about how he smoked pot and sounded like a 50 year old man when he did everytime I saw them perform. You would also know that bands I say I hate, I often end up loving. This album is frickin' awesome.), Hoobastank - The Reason, and Self-Titled, and Filter - Short Bus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home