Sunday, November 06, 2005

Dreamscapes II

These were dreams I had long ago and typed them somewhere on my computer. I finally got around to posting them.

In the beginning of the first dream, Cas and myself were in a fight in some large stadium, but we were in the audience section. People were around us on looking. I ended up kicking him in the gonads pretty hard a few times, and he punched me a bunch of times. We almost ended our friendship - there was a lot of yelling and screaming at one another, but after a while we started talking and reconciled. Then we were suddenly driving to some northern part of the state! [Why do my dreams always end up with me and/or others going up north??]

In another dream ,H, a girl from my physics class was at some other weird college. Apparently Moo, one of my supervisors, somehow knew here and was asking me about it. I was also attending this strange college that seemed to be a one building college consisting of a mix of Folwell Hall and some place fabricated.
D, my other supervisor at my fungus job, was asking me to find a Minnesota Prof's phone number, who's office was on the second floor of this building. As I was looking around for him, people were watching Tiny Toons in class. Oh, what would I give to do that in college!

Next dream. Cas and I were on a bus that flew over this huge pool and stopped about 30 feet above it. The pool was a giant cylinder from what I could make of it. Bottomless and roughly the size of two Olympic sized pools if they were to make a cross and the circumference was made from that. We were attending a swimming class. There were girls that we were hitting on. I think this is reminiscent of the days at Cas's camper where we would hang out at the clubhouse's pool and sometimes meet chicks. All of a sudden I remember having a guitar and we were all in this low-ceiling room having guitar lessons. We were singing and playing and it was awesome. The next thing I know I was in Chicago or some big city, I was gay and someone had taken my guitar and I had to get it back. I remember being extremely flamboyant in this part; funny stuff.

Finally Ms. V, from work, was getting married and the non-g/f and I were the last to accept it. We were sitting in an unmarked white van with her, her groom, and the best man. Non-g/f and I were wearing normal clothes and they were all wearing wedding "gear". The pastor's voice was echoing from somewhere unknown, but it was as if we were all at the altar. The pastor was asking if we accepted this marriage. Neither of us wanted her to get married, so when they all looked at me, I said no, and then glanced at non-g/f. She was sitting in the driver's seat, and immediately hit the gas and we were off to steal the bride and a portion of her wedding party! She drove down a dirt road then onto pavement, finally taking a left off of a road that lay on rolling hills and onto a cold winter mountain range road. We drove a while to get to the base of the mountains. On surveying the land, it was similar to that of Batman Begins, when he's picking that rare flower and there are posts with characters written on them in the snow and the wind is billowing harshly. She continued driving even when we reached the base of the mountain, apparently determined to escape with Sarah as a free woman. After a while we had to get out and start climbing the mountain (in the dream, I never questioned why Sarah, the groom, and the best man, dressed in wedding garments - denoting their willingness to spend the rest of their lives together - would follow us to avoid the wedding; it all made sense to me). We climbed until we saw two large boards above us spanning across a chasm to separate the two bluffs. Once we reached the small summit, there was a diet clear cherry Pepsi (from the mid 90's I think they were) on one of the small cylindrical ice monoliths protruding from below that the board spanned. There was also another one near the main mountain hidden in the snow. I picked it up, it was open, and I started drinking it thinking to myself that it could be contaminated. The song, "Cry", by Mandy Moore was playing from somewhere, and then I woke up.

Onward ho! In this dream, I was playing guitar for the band Lit, but it was in someone's bedroom, not a studio, and I was their new guitar player; the band didn't look like Lit though. I was messing around on the guitar the whole time because I didn't know how to play any of their songs, and the band was blaming the bassist. We stopped practicing and the rest of the band packed up. I stayed there playing around on guitar while some friend of mine talked with me. He said that Stacy Boffencamp and some others were on their way to hear the band and me play. I started to worry because I wasn't any good at guitar. When they arrived, I started playing some riff and then whipped out this kicking solo. The next thing I know, I'm holding my sax and the bedroom slowly stretches out and morphs into my old elementary school gymnasium. As I play the room stretches and shifts I play my signature piece, "In the Mood". Suddenly Stacy and some people rush in and the whole gym is suddenly filled with people. In the Mood continues to play without my help on sax, from some recording and I only fill in the solos. After the song plays awhile, I sit in a chair that appeared nearby as the room expanded. I realize that this is S.P.'s, a friend from high school, family/class reunion. He walks over to me, describes some hat that he has, pulls it out, and puts it on his head. The hat is a huge green Leprechaun hat with green clovers that sparkle. It somehow covered the wearer’s entire body when worn; said a fact in my brain. After talking to me, he had to give a little speech for the occasion, and so he walked over to a podium set out by the expanding room. After the speech everyone applauded, stood up and started to file out. I meet up with him again, hugged him, and asked him where he's been - Puerto Rico - is his reply. He was living on the east coast and that's where he picked up the leprechaun hat. I remember reading a plaque that resembled someone out of the Harry Potter book series, and bore the name of a great African American hero that Shannon was related to.

P-Wagz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home